Based on this philosophy, our practice has always taken care of all children regardless of their vaccination status. However, with current vaccine hesitancy rising, misguided vaccine beliefs, and declining routine childhood vaccination rates resulting in an increased risk for severe illness or death from vaccine-preventable diseases, we believe now is the time to make a policy change.
Starting June 15th, 2022, our new policy will require all patients to be fully immunized based on the State of Florida’s required schools and daycare vaccination schedule. As child advocates, this was not an easy decision, but we feel we must do everything we can to protect the health and safety of our patients and our community.
This policy applies to both new and established patients.
- Patients with a medical contraindication for vaccination (e.g., immunocompromised patients or allergy to a vaccine component) will receive an appropriate medical exemption.
- Patients with special needs who request an exception to the policy will have their request reviewed on an individual basis by our physicians.
- Patients who are not fully vaccinated will have the opportunity to work with their provider to implement the CDC’s childhood vaccine “catch-up schedule”.
- If you choose not to vaccinate your child or implement the “catch-up” schedule, Total Pediatric Care will no longer provide healthcare for your child after June 15th, 2022.
This is the list of vaccines that will be required in our practice as of June 15, 2022:
• DTaP, TdaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
• IPV (Polio)
• Hib (Haemophilus influenza, Type B)
• PCV13 (Pneumococcus)
• Hepatitis B
• MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
• Varivax (Chickenpox)
The following vaccines are highly recommended but, not required to be compliant with My Total Pediatric new immunization policy: COVID-19, Influenza (Flu), Hepatitis A, Meningitis, Rotovirus, and HPV (Gardasil®).
Our pediatricians and nurse practitioners are committed to continuing to answer all your questions and concerns regarding the benefits of immunization. If you have any concerns about immunizations and would like to speak with one of our providers, please call our office at 954-351-0202.
If you have any questions about our new immunization policy, you can call our direct immunization line at 954-351-0202.
Our practice’s goal remains to partner with you, for your child, for years to come…
Total Pediatric CareTeam.